An air conditioning unit increases comfort to the house, especially when the weather is overbearing. To ensure that your AC functions at its best, maintenance is a must. In this article will give you tips to maintain your air conditioning unit.
Clean Your AC Unit
To maintain good air quality inside the house, cleaning your air conditioning unit is necessary. Here are the critical parts of the AC that you must always ensure clean:
- Filter: Before you use the vacuum to suck in the dirt or wash the filter with water, you can shake it or use a brush to remove the debris. Typically, you should clean the AC filter at least twice a month. But, it’s recommended to clean it weekly if you live in a dusty area and if you use the AC unit most of the time. When you suspect a decrease of the unit’s performance, have it checked by an expert as AC filters need to be replaced every one to two years.
- Ducts: As passageways to bring air, bacteria, mold, and fungi grow here. Cleaning them can be challenging as they may be hidden behind walls or ceilings. So, to prevent damage, seek the help of an expert.
- Condenser Coils: Responsible for releasing the heat that has been taken by the refrigerant, condenser coils are very delicate to handle. Consulting an AC technician is also recommended to clean them.
Refrain from Setting the Temperature Too Low
Some households think that they can speed up the process of cooling the air inside their home when they set the temperature too low. Yes, you can. But, doing this is you’re also increasing the chance of destroying your AC unit too early. According to experts, the recommended cooling temperature should be set to between 73.4 to 86 degrees Fahrenheit.
Consult an AC Maintenance Professional
The safest and the most convenient way to maintain your air conditioning unit is by hiring an AC professional. Essential services include:
- Checking up of the thermostat settings
- Monitoring of the refrigerant level to see if it AC runs appropriately to avoid over-consumption of energy
- Making sure that the wirings and electrical connections are in place
- Reviewing the evaporator coils and condenser
- Lubricating areas where it’s needed to inhibit friction
No More Home Discomfort with AC Unit
When you install an air conditioning unit at home, you can avoid high humidity issues such as the following:
- Damage to belongings and elements in the house
- Pests that can pose a threat to the health of your family
- Molds and other toxic substances present in the air
- The negative impact on your respiratory and immune system.
One More Thing Before You Go
Maintain the best indoor temperature for your family to get rid of home discomfort. To ensure that your air conditioning unit does its best, you can always trust AC Repair Jacksonville FL. There’s a guarantee that you’ll get the fastest response time and quality work done right the first time by clean expert technicians.